There are many instances where one will be sending multiple packages to the same address, or when an order must be split into multiple packages going to the same address. By keeping those packages together, and creating the label as a multi-piece shipment, the total cost of the label will be less than sending two separate packages to the same address. Note, this is only available for Canadian shipments.
It is very simple to create a multi-piece shipment in the Swiftpost Dashboard:
- Start by clicking New Shipment in the top left hand corner of your account menu. Select the destination for your multi-piece shipment. Note, multi-piece shipments can only be created for shipments delivering within Canada.
- In the first two steps of creating a new shipment, you will be asked to enter the receiver information, as well as your sender information. Fill out this information and follow the prompts through to the next step. For more details on how to create a shipment step-by-step, click here.
- Once you are on the Package Details step, you can start to build your multi-piece shipment.
- Start by selecting the package type in the drop down menu then click next.
- Enter in the dimensions for the first package, then click Add 2nd Package. Enter the dimensions of the following packages in the same manner.
- For any packages that are delivering within Canada, you can continue to click Add Package until every piece in your multi-piece shipment has been added. If you accidentally add another package, you can always hit the orange Remove button and it will remove the last added package.
- The last step will ask you to confirm your package details and prompt you to click Confirm and Continue.
- The shipping service will be displayed and the price shown is a combined total for the entire shipment. Select the service you wish to use and then go ahead to the next step. Once you have confirmed all of your shipping details, click Submit.
- Your order will now be in the My Orders tab under pending orders. You can select that order and click Pay and Print.
- Once you have completed the checkout process, you will see this order has multiple shipping labels that have been generated for each package. Print those labels at your home/office for pick up or at a conveniently located Swiftpost Smarthub.
You have created a multi-piece shipment!